Monday, March 8, 2010

Gardian Angel


I ment to have this as the last post, and the last as the first.
(but I think you will get the guist of it.)
So when I said 'weld' the gold with the liquor what is really
happening!?

The alcohol activates the rabbit skin glue to become sticky.
It grabs the gold and as it drys, it becomes one with the frame.
This is why you need to have your recipe right.
Too much glue kills the gold, too less, and it won't grab it.
Tomarrow I will burnish the gold, give it a rub, and tone
the gold per corner sample specs.
I then finish it and it's ready for pick up by the customer!
I will also talk about time, materials, and cost.
Thanks for being patient, this really is a fun art of sorts.

Frank mentioned a gardian angel in the operating room
for Renee. So next week I will gild an angel for you!

5 comments:

Janice said...

Did you carve this guardian angel? It is beautiful in it's simplicity~~~
A recipe that needs to be perfect? I'm not even a great cook!!! :)

Unknown said...

What a kind, thoughtful and very talented man you are Bill. It amazes me still to see the skill and patience you need to do an exquisite job like this one. Frank is a fortunate guy to have you on his corner. HUGS!

Celeste Bergin said...

I'll be watching the guardian angel (lol--isn't she supposed to be watching me?) She is one of your carvings? I'm tuned in to see what happens next.

Gilberto said...

Is not my best day to follow you, I am sure you allow me to catch a little later. May bests to your wife.

billspaintingmn said...

Thanks Jan! Yes I carved this angel in mohagony
~ I'll bet those pumpkin pies taste delicious!

Sheila, wow! What a kind thing to say..hugs to you too!

Celeste! You're an angel! You give me inspiration! Thanks so much!

Gilberto, hope you are well. I'll tell Renee you
send your best. Thanks Gilberto!